Friday, April 22, 2011

Confirmation for my Workshop!!

It's official. I will be attending the Broadway Teacher's Workshop. Just received the email. It's been a busy week at the Elhai household in the theatre education department. The twins decided on schools (Hofstra and Carnegie Mellon) and Lindsey received word that she will have an Internship at Baron Hats this summer. Now mom is going back to classes too!

Next step is booking hotel and beginning to pin down all of the CHS Theatre alumni so I can meet with them and plan the BW style Workshops for summer 2012. So far, I will be working with DJ Gray (BW choreographer-Xanadu and Spelling Bee) on a broad plan for my workshops. Will also spend two days with Ana Rose Greene (Juniper Street Productions) as she re mounts Spiderman and gets Million Dollar Quartet and Billy Elliot ready for national tours. Need to pin down Eli Bolin (Story Pirates, Sesame Street Composer) on days. Waiting to hear from  John Lee Beatty (12 time Tony nominated Set Designer) and Michael Alden (Tony winning producer). Michael is currently working on opening The King's Speech in London.  So far I'm covering just about every area of theatre. Where are the CHS Theatre alumni in costumes?

Also working on the 21st Century Arts Skills Map and what these crazy kids need to learn and how I can better incorporate it into my theatre classes. This will be my spring homework.

3 comments:

  1. hooray! What an impressive list of alumni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should bring in Sarah Opstad for Wigs and Make-Up! She designs for Opera Colorado, Colorado Ballet, the Denver Center and many more! Plus - she builds lace front wigs with human hair - super cool! Or what about Kirsten Opstad - Lighting Designer extraordinaire! ...ok, I'll stop pitching my sisters. :-)

    It's not a coincidence that all of us chose a life in theatre - we had a great teacher to show us how awesome and fulfilling such a career path could be!

    ReplyDelete